Saturday, February 19, 2011

Dear Abigail

Little Princess,

First of all, I am sorry I haven't written you specifically yet.  Part of me doesn't want to admit you aren't here.  Part of me still wants you to run and give me a big hug like you would do almost every day.  Part of me wants to re-do April 11, 2010, and lock the door when I go in.  So I haven't written you yet, and I am sorry.  However, I had a shock to my system this week.  Your monument marker came in on Thursday, and I got to see it in person today. 

You would be so proud to see yourself on this, Abigail.  I know it.  You loved to look at yourself when you were pretty, and you are so beautiful on this marker.  I remember taking the picture of you in the swing at your 2nd birthday party that was on the marker.  In fact, I can still see you through the viewfinder.  You were waiting on someone to push you on the swing.  Remember, PawPaw came and pushed you right after I took that picture.  You were so happy on that day.

Abigail, it is really hard to see your smiling face on this marker with your birth and death date.  I miss you so much.  Your momma and I cry all the time over how much we miss and love you still.  You made our family whole, and we are just broken without you.

I am so glad I was your daddy for 2 years.  I really miss you so much.  It just hurts.  I am glad you are in Heaven with Jesus.  I can't wait to see you again, and get to hold you again.

Love,

Daddy

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Michael and totally heartbreaking. Thank you for sharing this. She does look so lovely in those pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. crying and praying. i am so sorry. that marker is beautiful and horrible. so wrong to see that beautiful, precious, little face like that. i am so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully written. So, so sorry.

    ReplyDelete